Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Mmmm.... Colonnade

I was just looking at Acts 5:12-16 and 1 thing became really clear to me. The way Luke uses the term "believers" is a lot different than the way we usually use the term believers.

Modern definition of believers- those who have mentally (and probably verbally) acknowledged that Jesus died on the cross so that we could be declared innocent by God and go to heaven.

Luke's definition of believers- people who are willing to make huge risks that non-believers never would. People who are so sold-out to the fellowship of the kingdom that they would risk their lives to be a part of it.

So, some questions: Would someone who did not believe ever live the same lifestyle that you do? Why or why not?

Can you say you believe something if you "never put your money where you mouth is"?

1 comment:

shannoncaroland said...

I know. However, I just changed it so that anyone can post.

If you start writing something, let me know, so I can check it.

And how dare you profane my site with that username.