Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Da Vinci Code

Well, I guess I have ignored this phenomenon long enough. The book The Davinci Code, I thought was just for people obsessed with wacko conspiracy theories. It was for the JFK and Wag the Dog crowd. It is a murder mystery novel that introduces the world to the idea that there is a secret society dating back to the time of Christ. That society has protected the secrets of Jesus (i.e. he was not deity, and got married to Mary Magdalene). Da Vinci, the book asserts, was a member of that society.

From what I hear, it's a very interesting and exciting read. It has become a best seller. I still doubted what impact this book could have. But now Newsweek has just reported that Brian Grazer and Ron Howard, two of Hollywood's most successful producers, are making the film and that it will star none other that Tom Hanks. I guess I can't ignore it anymore.

Within two years most Americans will probably have read the book and/or seen the movie. They will have questions about the assertions. That means, as the defenders of a reasonable faith, we need to be ready to answer those questions.

Let teh research begin. I will own my own copy before teh end of the year.

No comments: