Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Long live the King!

Acts 2:22-36. After Peter explains the phenomenon of Pentecost, he gets right to the heart of his message: Jesus. He was God’s Son. You (with the help of pagans and by the pre-determined plan of God) killed him. God raised him from the dead.

Therefore, let there be no doubt, God has made him Master (Lord, kurios) and King (Christ, christos) (36). Now, he is the authority above all. Verse 35 is both fulfilled and being fulfilled. Jesus says in Matthew 28:18, that he now has that authority. But we hardly see a world that is subject to him. That day is coming though (Revelation 5:13).

The Kingdom (Kingship or Reign) of Jesus has begun (as promised in 1:6-8). And it advances and grows stronger in me and through me. It grows stronger in me as I subject more and more of my life to his rule. And it expands through me as His reign in me has effect on others.

As agents or soldiers of this aggressive Kingdom (Matthew 11:12), let us not stop fighting until everything in us and around is subject to Him!

Long live King Jesus!

No comments: