Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The rest of the Questions

Here are the final questions I have received. I am excited about taking a crack at these.

They are in a random order right now with some silly questions mixed in with profoundly serious ones. Part of the work this afternoon, will be giving them a more appropriate arrangement.

1. Why would God take my first born, at three months when there was not sin taken or given?

2. Are all sins equal? Is a lie equal to killing someone in god’s eyes? Is there the same forgiveness? Or is our own guilt what makes some sin worse that others?

3. How do we know we are saved? If we are saved, accepted Christ but continue in our old, sinful ways, can we lose our salvation?

4. Why do Christians believe that other religions’ ways of celebrating God are wrong, that the Christians’ way is the only right way?

5. How can we know Christianity is not just one choice among many religions that claim they are the truth?

6. Can we really know for sure that Jesus was raised from the dead and is alive today?

7. Why were all the trouble makers in the Bible red-heads?

8. How can I know I have the Holy spirit? Must I speak in tongues or do miracles like the Apostles?

9. Why you got to be so sexy?

10. Understanding that many woes are the effect of poor choices, why do we have things like cancer which are so hurtful but may not be linked to bad or sinful choices?

2 comments:

mindbender said...

I'd love to see you answer #9 in front of my grandparents.

shannoncaroland said...

I figured they were the ones who submitted that one.