Thursday, September 08, 2005

The First, But Not The Last

Acts 11:26-30
The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
During this time some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. One of them, named Agabus, stood up and through the Spirit predicted that a severe famine would spread over the entire Roman world. (This happened during the reign of Claudius.) The disciples, each according to his ability, decided to provide help for the brothers living in Judea. This they did, sending their gift to the elders by Barnabas and Saul.


These folks would make Barnabas, Saul and the folks at Antioch proud. I think they'd say, "Yeah, that's what it means to be called Christ-ian." That the Acts church continued.

Here are two links that I feel very comfortable recommending as places through which you can do an Antioch-type thing:

IDES
(more to come)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ejs said...

Can you email me your address again? We sent it to a hotmail account... was that wrong?

I take for granted just being able to hit reply and not being on my computer I was forced to copy down what I thought was your email.