Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Hard to hear from atop a soap box

When I first was studying the reaction of the Jewish Christians to the conversion of the of Gentiles (10:44- 11:18) I was disappointed. How could they have bee so narrow-minded. Had not Jesus made it abundantly clear that the gospel should be spread to all nations?

The more I thought about it, though, the more impressed I was. The change that had just been introduced to them was seismic, and yet all they required was a simple explanation for their grumbling to turn to praise. This shows an incredible openness to change. They simply needed to see how this was God-directed.

Perhaps God's people today are not as stubborn as we like to think. Perhaps they simply need a clear, theo-centric explanation of the need/reason for change.

What would have happened if Peter stormed off in a self-righteous huff? "How dare they question me? I'm an Apostle, capital A! I'm the Rock! Do they suppose to know Jesus better than I?" Would their grumbling have ever turned to praise over the Gentile mission?

Sometimes the problem is not the audience or the message but the messenger. It's hard to hear from atop a soap box. We would do well to be as humble and patient as Peter. See how God will use a simple explanation to turn grumbling to praise.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Good stuff. Most of the time I think that people will just automatically see change for the benefits it will bring. But many times, their viewpoint is far different from mine. WIthout a patient explination, frustratin is the only outcome.

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of times when I'm the messenger, I'm also ever-conscious of how their response will reflect on me. So when they don't understand or reject, it has to be their fault. Maybe I jump to that conclusion too quickly instead of examining the content and style of my commuication...